Safety is a priority
Seniors’ Falls Prevention
Falls are the leading cause of injury for seniors. One in three Canadians over the age of 65 will fall once every year, and are the main reason why older adults lose their independence. Many falls can be prevented, and there are many resources available to help to keep seniors injury-free. Staying safe as you move about in the home or on the go can be a concern for many aging people and people with mobility issues.
Key Ways to Prevent Falls:
- Increase physical activity and muscle strength
- Improve mobility and balance
- Follow the Canadian guidelines for calcium and vitamin D
- Have regular vision check-ups and correcting vision problems
- Review all medications with a doctor or pharmacist
- Reduce trip and slip hazards in the home or outdoors
Falls Prevention Products
We carry many products that aid in preventing falls and accidents. We can help equip you with the right products so that you can continue to function safely and confidently.